Opting out of PSO smart meters
Concerns mount after thousands of meters explode in California
Thousands of “smart meters” exploded after a power surge caused by a truck hitting a pole in California (Photo courtesy: AMTVmedia.com
By Russell Mills
Hundreds of smart meters simultaneously explode
Left over 5,800 customers without power…
The utilities lied when they said “smart” or “AMI” meters would make the electricity grid “resilient” and “self-healing .”
Nothing could be further from the truth, and this latest episode is more proof of the failure of “smart” metering programs everywhere.
On Monday, hundreds of “smart” meters simultaneously exploded in Stockton, California, when a truck ran into a utility pole. Watch the video:
The catastrophic failure of these non-UL approved PG&E “smart” meters not only damaged meter bases and other homeowner property, but left over 5,800 customers without power.
That’s right — when these plastic, modernized meters fail, they shut your power off.
CBS News reported that “neighbors in the South Stockton area described it as a large pop, a bomb going off, and strong enough to shake a house.”
Last July, the province of Saskatchewan ordered the removal of all 105,000 “smart” meters, following a string of fires. Portland (Oregon), Lakeland (Florida), Arizona and Ontario followed suit with mass removals.
Quebec firefighters are up-in-arms that Hydro-Quebec agents have actually been prematurely removing smart meters from fire scenes prior to investigation.
The total number of separate incidents of fires and explosions caused by “smart” meters is now very likely to number in the thousands.
In addition to the ongoing stream of incendiary events, so-named “smart” meter programs:
– Are enshrouded in fiscal negligence ;
– Do not save energy ;
– Are linked with billing inaccuracy , and widespread increased bills ;
– Facilitate “time-of-use” billing and future artificial austerity measures ;
– Facilitate monitoring and external control of your home;
– Open the door to unprecedented hacking vulnerabilities ; and
– Emit pulsed microwave radiation typically thousands of times stronger than a cell phone, leaving many unsuspecting homeowners feeling ill.
It is difficult to imagine a more blatant failure, or a more harmful deployment of unproven technology.
What’s the real agenda?
The “smart” meter deployments in your area are actually part of a corporate-government collusion to deploy a mass in-home data-capturing (read surveillance ) and control grid — the “internet of things”.
Here are three main takeaway points:
1. As new appliances are being designed to collect detailed activity and report in real-time through the “smart” meter, it’s estimated that the combined data will be worth more than the entire electricity industry .
2. Industry wants to pocket trillions in this shift to an information economy , with you as the resource being packaged and sold — without your consent, of course.
3. With industry selling the wireless convenience and glorious modernization of it all, these deployments are being pushed through under the guise of climate action . Go Green!
If this sounds like a stretch, examine the evidence for yourself .
But as awareness spreads, scandals increase ( like this one in California ), and people take inspired action, I see that the “smart” meter agenda will fail and the pseudo-powers behind it will fall.
What can we do right now?
Quebec protest 2014 By protecting our individual rights, we are protecting all of life.
Advocate groups worldwide are encouraged to demand an immediate halt and reversal of all “smart” meter deployments, whether they be for electricity, water, or gas. It does not matter how much money was invested before people became aware of the facts. We’re aware now.
An “opt-out” program must categorically be rejected — whether paid or free — because asking for an “opt-out” is voting that you generally approve the installation of a surveillance grid, the harming of everyone else, and the practice of corporate extortion.
Individually, there are three things you can do right now.
1. Once you become aware of the facts, remove your consent in writing ( see example ). This is simple, yet fundamental: your utility has made you an offer. You have the right to (and need to, contractually) either refuse or conditionally accept in writing, any written piece of paper they send your way. Note: everything they send you back is essentially a contract offer, which in commerce is deemed accepted if it’s not rebutted.
2. Spread the word.
3. Hold the individuals involved liable for causing or allowing this widespread crime. While this is not legal advice, an effective strategy appears to be treating their offer of a “smart” meter purely as a commercial transaction. You can use the same commercial codes and contract laws on which the for-profit corporate system is based, against its agents. You can conditionally accept their offer to irradiate you, spy on you and make you vulnerable. If they don’t meet your conditions, they are contractually bound to the liability. Also, here are couple applicable areas of law which are now being used by some groups:
“An activity or process that presents an unavoidable risk of serious harm to the other people or others’ property , for which the actor may be held strictly liable for the harm, even if the actor has exercised reasonable care to prevent that harm.” – https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/ultrahazardous_activity
1. Civil (tort) : Liability incurred for causing damage to life, limb, or property by a hazardous activity or a defective product , without having to prove that the defendant was negligent or directly at fault. It arises not from any wrongdoing but from the fact of the activity or product being inherently hazardous or defective.
2. Criminal : Liability imposed by a statute without the necessity of proving criminal intent (see mens rea), and intended to absolutely forbid certain acts such as preparation and sale of adulterated or contaminated food. – http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/strict-liability.html
We will continue to release news and developments on our website, www.takebackyourpower.net, where you can watch our award-winning feature film which covers the shocking true story about “smart” meters.
# # #
Josh del Sol is the director and producer of Take Back Your Power : Investigating the “Smart” Grid , winner of the AwareGuide Transformational Film of the Year, the Indie Fest Annual Humanitarian Award, and Leo Award for Best Feature Documentary (British Columbia).
Links and full article at: http://www.takebackyourpower.net/news/2015/04/01/hundreds-of-smart-meters-simultaneously-explode/