Man suffers third-degree burns when his iPhone spontaneously EXPLODES in his pocket (and yes, he is suing)
- Erik Johnson spent ten days in hospital after phone melted skin
- He said: ‘It felt like when you’re branding a bull or something like that’
- Experts said iPhones can explode if different charger is used
A man was left with third-degree burns after his iPhone 5C spontaneously exploded in his pocket during his cousin’s wake.
Erik Johnson had to spend ten days at a specialist burns unit after the mobile melted through his trousers and stuck to his skin on Valentine’s Day.
Mr Johnson, from Long Island, New York, said he was bending over to get keys when he heard a ‘pop’.
Scroll down for video
‘My leg just started going on fire,’ he told ABC.
‘I had to rip my pants off. A couple of people actually said they could smell my body burning.
‘It felt like when you’re branding a bull or something like that.’